- Living room bookcases. I took an idea to them and they expanded on it and built exactly what I was looking for. This was a tough job because the bookcase was being custom built to fit a difficult corner of the room and needed to match the period of the house.
- Bath cabinet. Again, we started with what I envisioned and they took it and ran with the design idea, giving us much-needed storage in a small room.
- Dining room china cabinet. They designed an updated version of a similar cabinet found in a neighboring house. It's a clean and fresh take on an old design, and fits our room perfectly.
- Kitchens. We have two kitchens in the house, and both have been done by Out of Wood. They worked within our budgets to give us a sleek and modern look in the small kitchen. In the main kitchen, we went all out. They assisted us with the design, and gave useful suggestions along the way. The results are two kitchens that any home chef would love to work in.
- Bedroom closets. Storage was sorely needed in this room. Out of Wood was able to design built-ins for the custom shape of this room. They included a closet, dresser, upper cabinets, and a television stand.
- Den. Bookcases, a desk, and a window seat. All done in warm walnut tones to make the den a cozy and comfortable room.
Tom and Joe have made quite a few beautiful pieces for us over a lot of years, and we enjoy each one increasingly as time goes on.
Our first Out of Wood design was a music cabinet (pictured to the left of the shelves here). Next came the shelves, which were designed with the other furniture in the room in mind, so there would be both compatibility and uniqueness. They have also made a table for our balcony (which perfectly complements the two Peruvian chairs we already had for that space), built-in-shelves for our den, and a magnificent coffee table, also pictured here. Tom and Joe designed each of these pieces, consulting with us about woods, our preferences, size, and modifications we might want to make. Of the latter there have been extraordinarily few!
In addition to these beautiful pieces of furniture, Tom and Joe also made us a new kitchen a few years ago. The cabinets, drawers, drawer inserts and sliding shelves in the cabinets have been a complete joy. Again, they designed the kitchen to be exactly our taste and style. And they managed the whole renovation project, so we did not need to find other contractors for additional components.
Finally, I must say what a pleasure it is to work with both Tom and Joe. They are extremely professional, considerate, tidy and quick. Their ability to “read” our taste and come up with beautiful designs to fit our decor is exceptional. There cannot be too much praise for them and their work.